Montgomery County government will observe the following holiday schedule for Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
- County Offices – closed
- Libraries - closed
- County Liquor stores – all stores will be open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Recreation –all indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities will close at 6 p.m.; administrative offices, senior centers and community recreation centers will be closed
- Montgomery Parks - Information available at website.
- Ride On – will operate on a Sunday schedule. Check ride on holiday schedule.
- Metrorail & Metrobus.
- TRiPS Commuter Stores (Silver Spring and Friendship Heights) – closed
- Refuse/recycling pickup – no collection, collections scheduled on or after the holiday will be made one day later in the week
- The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station - closed Memorial Day; will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 30. The Public Unloading Facility at the Route 355 (Frederick Road) entrance will operate with normal hours from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – free
- MCPS and Administrative Offices – closed
- State offices and courts – closed
Check montgomerycountymd.gov/holidays for upcoming holidays.