County Executive Ike Leggett invites the public to provide input on the County’s next six-year capital construction budget by attending forums this month. All forums will begin with an informal open house at 6:30 p.m. followed by a formal presentation and question-and-answer session from 7 to 8 p.m.
The capital budget includes the costs for new or renovated major construction projects such as roads, public schools, Montgomery College facilities, water and sewer lines, parks, libraries, health and recreation facilities, and other public buildings.
The forums will be held according to the following schedule:
- Thursday, July 11 -- Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd., Silver Spring
- Thursday, July 18 -- Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Rd., Silver Spring
- Monday, July 22 -- Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place
- Tuesday, July 30 -- Bethesda Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor La.
- Wednesday, July 31 -- BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Dr., Germantown