Meanwhile, motorists and pedestrians in the area should plan ahead, add extra commute time, and be aware of shifting traffic and walking patterns.
The work includes:
- Reconstructing existing sidewalks to five feet wide to become ADA-compliant;
- Repairing, replacing existing inlets and pipes;
- Concrete patching of sections of damaged pavement prior to resurfacing;
- Installing new curb and gutter;
- Resurfacing Georgia Ave.;
- Replacing traffic signal pavement detectors at the Georgia Ave. and 16th St. intersection
- Installing new line striping and pavement markings.