The 11th Annual Silver Spring Jazz Festival will feature New Orleans’ own Preservation Hall Jazz Band (PHJB) and an all-star jazz line-up on Saturday, September 6, from 3 to 10 p.m. at Veterans Plaza in front of the Silver Spring Civic Building on the corner of Ellsworth Drive and Fenton Street. Joining the PHJB will be local favorite Marcus Johnson, funk and R&B performer Elliott Levine, world jazz style band David Bach Consort and an eclectic mix from Silver Spring’s Jazz Academy of Music.
Following is the schedule for this year’s festival:
- 3 p.m. -- Festival Welcome
- 3:15 p.m. -- Jazz Academy of Music
- 4:30 p.m. -- Elliott Levine
- 5:45 p.m. -- David Bach Consort
- 7 p.m. -- Marcus Johnson presents The Urban Jam Band
- 8:30 p.m. -- Preservation Hall Jazz Band
For more information, call 240-777-6821 or visit www.montgomerycountymd.gov/rec.