Comparison safety gains in Montgomery County attributed to the speed-camera program include:
- 19% reduction of the likelihood that a crash would involve a fatality or an incapacitating injury as reported by police officers at the scene;
- 59% reduction of the likelihood of a driver exceeding the speed limit by more than 10 mph;
- 39 % reduction of fatal or incapacitating injuries on residential roads with speed limits of 25-35 mph;
- 27% reduction of fatal or incapacitating injuries on 40 mph roads as a result of the camera program on roads with limits of 35 mph or less; and
- An additional 30% reduction in the likelihood of a crash involving fatal or incapacitating injury was produced by the “Corridor Approach,” which utilizes more than one camera on a stretch of roadway.