Over the next three years, the Wheaton Revitalization Project will transform Wheaton’s central business district with mixed-use, transit-oriented development. The project will provide a new 14-story Montgomery County Government office building, about 400 below ground parking spaces, retail and residential space and a new town square. The most significant area impacted during construction is the Wheaton Triangle area between Veirs Mill Road and Georgia Avenue. The local roads of the Triangle area include Grandview Avenue, Reedie Drive and Triangle Lane.
No bus routes have been eliminated, but their paths have been somewhat altered. The affected bus routes are:
- Ride On Routes 7, 8, 9 and 31.
- Metrobus Routes C2, C4, Y2, Y7 and Y8.
- Near the southwest corner of University Boulevard and Fern Street.
- On the east side of Grandview Avenue at Kensington Boulevard.
- Amherst Avenue: Metrobus Stop ID: 2000519; Ride On Stop ID: 20022.
- Georgia Avenue: Metrobus Stop ID: 2000507.
- Georgia Avenue: Metrobus Stop ID: 2000525, Ride On Stop ID: 22770.
- Reedie Drive: Metrobus Stop ID: 2005422, Ride On Stop ID: 25238.
Read more about from press release.