Farm operations certified through the USDA Organic and/or Certified Naturally- Grown programs are now included in the County’s Green Business Directory along with approximately 80 other businesses.
Both the USDA Organic and Certified Naturally-Grown standards require a full commitment to organic practices – no synthetic pesticides, fertilizers or genetically engineered seeds – and include a focus on building and conserving soil nutrients through compost, cover crops, crop rotation and other practices.
The following certified Farms are now included in the County’s Green Business Directory:
- Chocolates and Tomatoes Farm (USDA Organic and Certified Naturally Grown)
- From the Earth Foods (USDA Organic)
- Potomac Valley Organics (USDA Organic)
- Red Wiggler Community Farm (USDA Organic)
- The Farm at Our House (USDA Organic)
- Your Chef’s Table Farm (Certified Naturally Grown)
helps County businesses green their operations and prosper in the new green economy by encouraging local consumers and other businesses to consider Certified Green Businesses when making purchasing decisions.
Read more about the Green Business Certification Program HERE.