Early voting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. All voters can vote at any early center, regardless of where they live in the County. The location of early voting centers can be found at the Maryland Board of Elections website at https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/2020%20Early%20Voting%20Centers.pdf
On Election Day, in Montgomery County, there will only be about 40 polling places open throughout the County. In a normal year there are about 255 voting locations in the County, but due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the number of Election Day polling places were reduced statewide.
Some important election information:
- Residents can still register to vote. This can be done in-person at Early Voting Centers and on Election Day. More information on how to register is available at Maryland Board of Elections website.
- If you have previously requested a Vote by Mail ballot, they must be postmarked on or before Election Day. Mail early or put your mail-in ballot in a voting drop box.
- Secure drop boxes are now at all voting centers. The list of drop box locations can be found at https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/PG20_Drop%20Box%20Locations.pdf
- When voting by mail or with a ballot printed via the Internet, be sure to sign the oath that comes with the ballot. Ballots will not be counted if the oath is not signed. For ballots delivered via the email/Internet, the oath will be on a separate piece of paper. For ballots that come to you via the mail, the oath will be printed on the envelope that holds the ballot. Do not sign the ballot.
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 3, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.