New parking rates at Montgomery County-operated garages, parking lots and street meters in Downtown Silver Spring will go into effect beginning on Monday, Nov. 2, and will be implemented in stages over the course of the month. The Montgomery County Council adopted the parking rates as part of the Fiscal Year 2021 budget process.
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT), which operates public parking in the County, will modify the hourly rates in accordance with Resolution 19-441, ‘Setting Transportation Fees, Charges, and Fares.’ Parking revenues are used to directly support and benefit Downtown Silver Spring and Montgomery Hills by operating and maintaining parking facilities through customer service, cleaning, facility maintenance and security services. The Parking Lot District also provides financial support to the Silver Spring Urban District for programs such as sidewalk and lighting maintenance and clean-and-safe crews.
MCDOT’s Division of Parking Management will place informational signs about the new rates at garages and lots in advance of the planned changes.
The new parking rates will be:
- On-street parking: $2 per hour
- Surface lot parking: $1.25 per hour
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Wayne and Town Square Garages 58, 60 and 61: $1.25 per hour
- All other garages: $1 per hour
- $195.00 monthly access at Garages 60 and 61
- $132 per month at long-term meter with a Parking Convenience Sticker monthly permit
- $12 per day with a daily parking permit
All other rates, including carpool passes, remain unchanged. Days and hours requiring payment remain unchanged.