The Olney Library is located at 3500 Olney-Laytonsville Rd. in Olney. Advance registration for this free program is not required to attend, but seating is limited. A question-and-answer session will be part of the workshop. Light refreshments will follow.
Participating writers in the forum will be:
- Patrick Boyle, excerpt from A Tale of Two Pats
- Bryan M. Byrd, excerpt from Surviving Paradise: The Perils and Pleasures of the Caribbean
- Min He, Calling from Shambhala
- Francene Hill, excerpt from Tiny Tots in Tiaras and Tuxedos
- Shani Hinton-Miller, an excerpt, “Fair Folly,” from her work-in-progress, Walking Behind the Broken-Down Dog
- Laura Kahn, excerpt from Thorns: When Earth Refugees Are the Aliens
- DJ Lee, excerpt from his poem, An Ode to my Grandfathers
- Linda R. Moore, three poems from her upcoming chapbook, Reaching for Resilience
- Lindsey OBrien, excerpt from Friendship Through the Darkness
- Emily Wood, excerpt from her work-in-progress, Binding Enchantments
“According to the Olney Library branch supervisor, the Olney Writer’s Group has been an integral program offering at the branch,” said MCPL Director Anita Vassallo. “The fact the group expanded during the pandemic speaks to the importance of giving local writers a space to create and share with one another and the community.”
To learn more about the upcoming program, including background on the participating writers, visit 7th Annual Literary Forum – In Person – Montgomery County Public Libraries.