Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich is holding a series of virtual forums about priorities for the Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Operating Budget. The next forum will start at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 21 and the following forum will be on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Each of the forums will be hosted via Microsoft Teams.
“I am hopeful that our virtual format will allow more residents to participate in these forums,” said County Executive Elrich. “Even though we cannot be together, this new format should enable us to discuss with residents the County’s budget process for Fiscal Year 2022. COVID-19 has changed how the government delivers services, and this virtual forum may make it easier for more residents to participate and engage with the process. We hope you will join us to listen, learn, ask questions, and let us know what is important to you.”
The schedule for upcoming budget forums:
- Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m. FY22 County Operating Budget Forum.
- Wednesday, Sept. 30, 7 p.m. FY22 County Operating Budget Forum.
- Thursday, Oct. 8, 7 p.m. Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Mid County.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m. Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Bethesda.
- Monday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m. Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Up County.
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, 7 p.m. Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Silver Spring.
Sign language interpreter services will be provided only upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If these or other services or aids are needed to participate in this activity, call 240-777-6507, Maryland Relay 711 or email a request to Karen.email@example.com.
The Sept. 21 and 30 meetings will be streamed live on the County’s website and Facebook page and on the YouTube channel. County residents can view the meeting live with closed captioning on County Cable Montgomery (cable channel CCM) by tuning to Comcast Channel 6 or 996 HD; RCN Channel 6 or 1056 HD; or Verizon Channel 30. Residents also can join on social media and help raise awareness by using #MoCoBudget22.