2017 was an exciting and eventful year for Montgomery County’s Economic Development. With many successes to build on, it is expected that 2018 will continue the economic growth and progression.
Here is a review of some of the 2017 economic highlights:
- Purple Line began construction
- Watkins Mill Interchange began construction
- Wheaton revitalization project broke ground
- Montgomery County launching Business Portal
- Fox 5 moving from DC to Bethesda
- JBG-Smith expanding in Montgomery after merger with Vornado
- Host Hotels to move headquarters to Downtown Bethesda
- Booz Allen Hamilton to join Host Hotels in move to new Bethesda office tower
- SK investing $139 million in Rockville vaccine R&D campus
- Korea/China trade and education mission
Watch this video to see how the work done in Montgomery County changes the world every day.