Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be available throughout February in a program sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of workshops and sessions will include:
- Throughout February—Every Monday, 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Meet virtually and confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at
- Monday, Feb. 14: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966776.
- Monday, Feb. 28: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966777.
- Monday, Feb. 7. 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6087767.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Feb. 15, and 17. 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45 and over Job Seekers. Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5958852.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16. 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn about applying for jobs with the Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5842165.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16; 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6087839.