Montgomery Parks will turn several of its parks into evenings of music, beer and food that will be suitable for all family members (excluding the beer part). There is no charge for admission for the “Acoustics and Ales” winter happy hour events, which will include an event in Elm Street Urban Park in Chevy Chase on Thursday, Feb. 24, but there are charges for beer, food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Advance registration is not required. Parking availability may vary based on location. Parks are accessible by public transportation.
Due to County guidelines, alcohol sales will end at 7 p.m. at every event. Dogs are welcome at each event, but must be kept on leashes and picked up after.
Additional information about the series is available at https://montgomeryparks.org/event-team/acoustics-ales/.
The schedule for Acoustic and Ales:
- Thursday, Feb. 24, Elm Street Urban Park, 4600 Elm Street in Chevy Chase. 5-7:30 p.m.
- Craft beer vendor:True Respite Brewing
- Food vendor: Pop Up Poutine Food Truck.
- Musical guest: Capital Effect
- Friday, Feb. 25: Arora Hills Local Park in Clarksburg, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Craft beer vendor: Elder Pine Brewing and Blending Company
- Food vendor: Vittles in the Pines
- Musical guest: Ted Garber
- Friday, March 4: Acorn Urban Park in Silver Spring, 5-7:30 p.m.