Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs are being offered virtually throughout August. The program is sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The program schedule includes:
- Throughout August – Every Monday; 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for sessions on:
- Aug. 9: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5179601
- Aug. 16: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5179628
- Aug.23: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5180148
- Aug. 30: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5180223
- Monday, Aug. 9; 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5059565.
- Thursday, Aug. 12; 2-4 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5071007.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 17 and 19; 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45+ Job Seekers (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5125809.
- Wednesday, Aug. 18; 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn how to apply for jobs with the Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193320.
- Tuesday, Aug. 31; 12:30 p.m. Proctored Northstar Assessment Test; Assess your Digital Literacy Skills. Demonstrate your digital literacy skills by taking a proctored Northstar Assessment test during a scheduled test session. If you score 85 percent or higher, you will earn a Northstar Digital Literacy Certificate to share with your employers. Tests will be administered and monitored remotely. This allows participants to take the test from the convenience of their home. Request a Learner Account to get started at https://mcpl.link/northstar-signup; Registration is required to take a proctored test. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5336799.