Through Thrive Montgomery 2050, Montgomery Planning is asking for the community’s help to ensure that, over the next 30 years, the county can be a vibrant, welcoming and economically healthy place where all can thrive.
This effort will be launched through Thrive Week, a series of five community events between June 26 and June 30, each held in a different location within the County. Three of the events will take place at Montgomery Parks facilities where community members will be able to share their ideas about the future of Montgomery County. These ideas will be recorded in words and pictures by a graphic artist. Feedback from Thrive Montgomery 2050 community events will help inform the update to the General Plan.
Thrive Week is the first step in the process that will identify and examine the changes occurring in Montgomery County, consider what we want for tomorrow, then develop a shared vision to maintain what is great about the county while taking the actions needed to thrive over the next 30+ years.
The Thrive Week schedule follows:
- Wednesday, June 26; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Shady Grove Farmer’s Market, Key West Avenue and Broschart Road, Rockville
(Rain or shine, in the rear parking lot on the Rockville campus of Johns Hopkins University.)
- Thursday, June 27; 6 to 8 p.m.Yappy Hour, hosted by Montgomery Parks in Elm Street Park, 4600 Elm Street, Bethesda. Community members are encouraged to bring their dogs.
- Friday, June 28; 3 to 6 p.m.South Germantown Recreational Park, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds at the splash park and mini-golf facility
- Saturday, June 29; 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.Ellsworth Fountain Plaza Stage, 916 Ellsworth Dr., Silver Spring
- Sunday, June 30; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.Sunday Funday at Wheaton Veterans Urban Park, 11200 Amherst Ave.
Learn more about Thrive Montgomery 2050.