Montgomery County Public Libraries is offering free online workshops and one-on-one sessions to assist job seekers and entrepreneurs throughout April. All workshops are free and offered virtually.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of opportunities will include:
- Throughout April: Every Monday 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with job searching.
- Monday, Apr 12: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4917007
- Monday, Apr 19: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4917015
- Monday, Apr 26: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4917028
- Tuesday, April 13, and Thursday, April 15. 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register for Part 1 and 2:
- April 13: Part 1: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5001768
- April 15: Part 2: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5001767
- Tuesday, April 13. 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop, in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Covers the fundamentals of building a business and helps determine if an individual is ready to become a small business owner. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4778130.
- Thursday, April 15; 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4896045.
- Wednesday, April 21. 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4841626.
- Tuesday, April 27. Noon-1:30 p.m. Career Resources for Skilled Immigrants. Representatives from Upwardly Global (UpGlo), an organization focused on helping work-authorized immigrant and refugee professionals re-enter their professional fields in the U.S., will share information on the organization, career resources for immigrant and refugee professionals and answer questions on how eligible applicants can apply for UpGlo’s free customized U.S. job search training programs. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/4983701.