The $18 million project improvements will enhance safety for pedestrians and cyclists and increase access for commuters in all types of transportation.
MDOT SHA’s contractor, E&R Services Inc. of Lanham, will perform the work which includes:
- Adding a third left-turn lane at the intersection to improve movement from eastbound Jones Bridge Road to northbound MD 185.
- Installing new sidewalks, crosswalk ramps and a shared-use path for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Resurfacing and restriping the roadway.
- Upgrading traffic signal and lighting.
- Replacing curb and gutter.
- Relocating underground and overhead utilities.
- Upgrading drainage and stormwater management.
Additional details about the project can be found at https://www.roads.maryland.gov/mdotsha/pages/pressreleasedetails.aspx?newsId=3871&PageId=818.
More information about the project can be obtained from MDOT SHA Project Engineer Daniel Clearwater at firstname.lastname@example.org or MDOT SHA Customer Relations Manager Christopher Bishop at email@example.com.