Montgomery County Recreation is hosting family-friendly events to enjoy during the fall season. From free movies to swimming with pumpkins, events will be hosted at community recreation centers and aquatic facilities located throughout the County.
The special events that will be hosted by Montgomery Recreation include:
- Friday, Oct. 29. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Damascus Community Recreation Center Spooktacular Outdoor Movie Night. 25520 Oak Drive, Damascus. Spend a Spooktacular Friday night outside watching The Witches, (rated PG). The event includes a costume contest to find the silliest, spookiest and most creative costume, a mini pumpkin patch and a trick or treat table. Registration # 138325.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 Floating Pumpkin Patch. Eunice Kennedy and Sargent Shriver Aquatic Center, 5900 Executive Blvd., North Bethesda, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Swim Center, 1201 Jackson Road, Silver Spring. Ever picked a pumpkin in a swimming pool? It can happen for children ages 2 to 12 years who will swim around to pick a pumpkin and then decorate it. Swimming with pumpkins will be available until noon and decorating will be available until 12:30 p.m. $10 per person. Registration # 133556 (Shriver) and 139882 (MLK).
- Saturday, Oct. 30. 3-6 p.m. Gwendolyn Coffield Fall Family Festival.Gwendolyn Coffield Community Recreation Center (outside parking lot), 2450 Lyttonsville Road, Silver Spring. Ghouls and goblins come dressed in your Halloween costume to win a prize. Enjoy games, a dance party candy and treats. See the Halloween-theme decorated cars and vote for best.
- Saturday, Oct. 30. Clara Barton Neighborhood Recreation Center Haunted House. 7425 MacArthur Blvd., Cabin John. Fortunes will be told, witches, zombies will haunt your path and games will challenge your nerves and skill. Path will be inside and all other activities will be outside. Refreshments will be offered and small gifts will be handed out to kids.
- Friday, Nov. 5. 7-9:30 p.m. Ross Boddy Neighborhood Recreation Center Movie Night. 18529 Brooke Road, Sandy Spring. Cruella is the featured movie for this free event that will be in the gymnasium. Light refreshments will be available for purchase. Registration # 139318.