Fall is a good time to help keep communities clean, and cleanups as community events are a good way to go. Montgomery Recreation is offering some tips on how to make a community cleanup successful.
Here are some ways organizers can help create a successful cleanup project:
- Make a detailed plan. It is important to have an organized plan before publicizing this endeavor. The plan should include:
- The exact area that will be covered.
- The number of volunteers needed. Recruitment of volunteers should be done early.
- An outline of specific tasks that must be completed on the day of the cleanup.
- A list of needed supplies.
- A schedule of events.
- Finding out about necessary permits for an event of this caliber.
- Choose an enthusiastic leader. This should be done in the early stages of planning. The leader should be someone who hits the ground running and is the go-to person for all the planning needs.