Montgomery County Public Libraries is offering online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs throughout December. All workshops are free and offered virtually.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of opportunities includes:
- Throughout December – Every Monday 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for sessions at:
- Monday, Dec. 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5815222
- Monday, Dec. 20: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835481
- Monday, Dec. 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835485
- Tuesday/Thursday, Dec. 14 and 16: 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5648279.
- Wednesday, Dec. 15: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help you determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835844.
- Wednesday, Dec. 15: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5194274.