Montgomery County Recreation’s outdoor pool season will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 28, with its seven pools opening for the Memorial Day Weekend.
During the pre-summer season, from May 28-June 17, outdoor pool hours will be 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 3-6 p.m. on weekends and on Memorial Day.
During the summer season, from June 18-Aug. 14, outdoor pool hours will be 1-4 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. on weekdays, and noon-3 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. on weekends. The Upper County Pool will be closed on Fridays during the summer season. For more information about pool hours, visit the Montgomery County Recreation website.
The seven outdoor pools that will be open this summer are:
- Bethesda Outdoor Pool, 301-652-1598. 6300 Hillandale Road, Bethesda.
- Germantown Outdoor Pool, 240-777-8067. 18905 Kingsview Road, Germantown.
- Long Branch Outdoor Pool, 301-431-5700. 8700 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK) Outdoor Pool, 240-777-8066. 1201 Jackson Road, Silver Spring.
- Sara E. Auer Western County Outdoor Pool, 301-349-2217. 20151 Fisher Ave., Poolesville.
- Sergeant Hector I. Ayala Wheaton/Glenmont Outdoor Pool, 301-929-5460. 12621 Dalewood Dr., Wheaton.
- Upper County Outdoor Pool, 301-840-2446. 8211 Emory Grove Road, Gaithersburg.
As the summer swim season gets underway, residents are encouraged to become familiar with the safety rules posted at the pools.
Children are most at risk for water-related accidents and it is important they are always closely supervised while in and around the pool.
Because safety is a priority, it may be necessary to temporarily halt admission to pools when capacity is reached. Additional swimmers will be admitted as soon as space becomes available.
Pool visitors are allowed to bring food and drink to the pools, as long as they follow the rules/regulations. Glass items, barbeques and alcohol are prohibited. All coolers will be inspected.
For additional information about pool passes, amenities and hours of operation at all swimming pools, visit the Montgomery County Recreation website.