Workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be available throughout July. All workshops are free. Most are offered virtually. They are sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
The schedule for workshops includes:
- Throughout July – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Virtual*. Meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for Monday, July 18, session at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540238.
- Tuesday, July 19. 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Virtual*. Maryland Women’s Business Center. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6815992.
- Wednesday, July 20. 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Virtual*. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6789855.
- Thursday, July 21. 6-7 p.m. Paying for Education and Training. In-person. Wheaton Library, 11701 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring. How do you pay for education? Who is eligible to apply for financial aid? What forms are required for Federal, Maryland State and/or university and private sources of financial aid? Get answers and learn about funding options for credit and noncredit classes in this workshop. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6790583.
- Thursday, July 28. 6-7 p.m. Career Exploration with Montgomery College. In person. Gaithersburg Library, 18330 Montgomery Village Ave., Gaithersburg. Whether you are a potential career switcher, seeking information about career options or making the connection between careers and academic programs of study, this workshop has you covered. Learn about Montgomery College resources to help make and implement well-conceived career plans. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6820660.
- Wednesday, July 20. 6-7:15 p.m. GCF Learn Free. Virtual*. Provides tutorials in English and Spanish on beginning and intermediate technology topics, including how to use electronic devices like iPads, androids and more. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6805182.
- Wednesday, July 27; 6-7:15 p.m. Digital Learn. Virtual*. An online resource that helps learners tackle technology at their own pace, develop digital literacy skills and gain the confidence needed to succeed at work. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6805205.
* An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.