In addition to the County’s celebrations -- in Germantown and Kensington -- there are many local fireworks programs/celebrations from which to choose.
From the County’s Conference and Visitors Bureau (CVB) are the following:
- Boyds-Germantown - Germantown Soccerplex, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds, Maryland. 240- 77-6820. Concert at 7 p.m.; fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
- Gaithersburg - Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut St., Gaithersburg, 301- 258-6350. Gates open at 5 p.m. Walk-in at Chestnut or Dalamar sts.; the Perry Parkway entrance will be closed. Entertainment at 5:30 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Kensington-Wheaton - Albert Einstein High School, 11135 Newport Rd., Kensington. Entertainment at 7:30 p.m.; fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m. Free shuttle bus service will pick up passengers beginning at 6:15 p.m. at Westfield Wheaton.
- Poolesville - Poolesville Polo Grounds, 14660 Hughes Rd., Live music at 6 p.m., Fireworks at 9 p.m. Parking, $5 per vehicle. 301-972-8888.
- Rockville - Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee St. Additional parking at Rockville Town Center. Live entertainment at 7 p.m.; fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Takoma Park - Takoma Park Middle School, 7611 Piney Branch Rd. Parade, 10 a.m. at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen aves. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.