Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting renters, job seekers and entrepreneurs will be offered throughout January. The programs are sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
- Throughout January: Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at
- Monday, Jan. 10: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5951849
- Monday, Jan. 24: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966771
- Monday, Jan. 31: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966773
- Monday, Jan. 10: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966278.
- Tuesday, Jan. 11: 7-8 p.m. Supports and Options Available to Renters. Join professionals from two Montgomery County agencies (the Department of Housing and Community Affairs and the Department of Health and Human Services) for a discussion about options for struggling renters. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5949271.
- Wednesday, Jan. 12: 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for a Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5966787.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Jan. 18 and 20: 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I/Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop will focus on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5861344.
- Wednesday, Jan. 19: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Find out about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5842508.