Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) is offering free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs throughout July. All workshops will be offered virtually.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
Programs available in July will include:
- Throughout July, every Monday 9:30-11:30 a.m.: H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually and confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with job searches. Register at:
- Monday, July 12: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5179499
- Monday, July 19: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5191817
- Monday, July 26: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5179566
- Monday, July 12, 1-3 p.m.: Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current job market. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5059519.
- Wednesday, July 14, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn how to apply for jobs with the Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193152.
- Wednesday, July 14, 10-11:30 a.m.: Introducción al espíritu empresarial - Virtual - En asociación con el Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC). Convertirse en un emprendedor exitoso requiere un trabajo arduo y una planificación minuciosa. Durante este taller presentaremos los siguientes conceptos: Una evaluación de las características de los empresarios exitosos; Aclararemos algunos de los mitos y realidades de la propiedad de pequeñas empresas; Iniciaremos una autoevaluación para determinar si está preparado para convertirse en propietario de una pequeña empresa; Estableceremos un plan de acción para completar sus autoevaluaciones buscando comentarios de las partes interesadas, como familiares, amigos y clientes potenciales; Descubriremos los servicios proporcionados por el Maryland Women's Business Center que pueden ayudarle a iniciar y hacer crecer su negocio. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5126184.
- Tues/Thurs, July 20 and July 22, 5:45-7:45 p.m.: LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5125756.
- Thursday, July 22, 1-3 p.m.: How to Prepare for Your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates. Session addresses how to be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5236194.
- Tuesday, July 27, 12:30 p.m.: Proctored Northstar Assessment Test—Assess your Digital Literacy Skills. Demonstrate your digital literacy skills by taking a proctored Northstar Assessment test during a scheduled test session. Scoring 85 percent or higher will earn a Northstar Digital Literacy Certificate to share with employers. Tests will be administered and monitored remotely, allowing participants to take the test from home. Request a Learner Account to get started at https://mcpl.link/northstar-signup; Registration is required to take a proctored test. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5126178.
For more information on Montgomery County Public Libraries’ other virtual programs for all ages, visit its website.