All-purpose rooms, cafeterias and gyms in many Montgomery County Public Schools will again be available for public use on weekends from June 20 through Aug. 15. Reservations can be booked starting Friday, June 11.
The County’s Department of Community Use of Public Facilities (CUPF), in partnership with MCPS, will accept reservation requests via ActiveMontgomery starting at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Space will be available in three-hour blocks based on the following schedule:
Available hours of use on Saturdays and Sundays:
- All-purpose rooms/cafeterias (7-10 a.m., 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 3-6 p.m., 7-10 p.m.)
- Gymnasiums (7:30-10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 3:30-6:30 p.m., 7:30-10:30 p.m.)
- All-purpose rooms/cafeterias (7-10 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 4-7 p.m.)
- Gymnasiums (8-11 a.m., 12:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 5-8 p.m.)
- All-purpose rooms/cafeterias (7-10 a.m., noon-3 p.m., 5-8 p.m.)
- Main gymnasiums (8-11 a.m., 1-4 p.m., 6-9 p.m.)
- Auxiliary gymnasiums/Gym 2 (9 a.m.-noon, 2-5 p.m., 3:30-6:30 p.m., 7-10 p.m.)
- All groups must self-book online; payment is due at time of reservation request.
- No user group may book more than one block of time per day, at any single school building all-purpose room/cafeteria. A group may use one block of time for either the gymnasium or the all-purpose room/cafeteria. Reservation requests received for two blocks of time on the same day at the same school building will be denied. This ensures greater opportunities for accessing space by as many groups as possible.
- A maximum of 50 chairs and two tables will be set up in the all-purpose room/cafeteria if requested. If the number of tables and chairs requested is more than this, the school may provide the equipment but will not set it up or put it away. The permit holder will be responsible for doing so and must be completed within the three-hour permitted time period. No additional time will be provided to the group to accommodate this.
- User group set up and clean up must be completed within the three-hour permit time.
- User group storage is not permitted in school buildings.
- Kitchen access is not permitted.
- Tables and chairs are not permitted in gymnasiums.
- Use of school scoreboard equipment is not permitted at this time.
- Food or drink will not be permitted at this time to reduce cleanup by building services staff.
- Audio-visual equipment rentals are not permitted at this time.
- Due to limited space being available, reservation requests must be for appropriate use of the space requested (sports activities should only request gymnasium facilities; meetings or seated gatherings should only request the cafeteria/all-purpose room facilities, etc.).
- Classroom use is not permitted at this time—no exceptions.
- User groups that do not comply with the guidelines may be subject to cancellation for the summer.