Earth Month will be celebrated throughout April by the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection with volunteer, community and environmental events that are fun, educational, and bring attention to the importance of caring for the environment.
Earth Day 2022, which will be on Friday, April 22, will have the theme of “Invest in Our Planet.”
Events celebrating Earth Month will include GreenFest which is the County’s largest Earth Day festival, a seminar on how to lower utility bills and a seminar on programmable and “smart” thermostats.
The County’s Earth Month events will include:
- Seminar: Stop Losing Money on Your Utility Bill. Friday, April 22, noon-1 p.m.
- Seventh Annual Montgomery County GreenFest, Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., Wheaton. Saturday, April 23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Volunteers will be participating.
- Multi-Family Waste Reduction and Recycling Program TRRAC (Think Reduce and Recycle at Apartments and Condominiums)Webinar for Multi-Family Property Owners, Managers, Staff, Green Team Committees and Residents. Wednesday, April 27, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Seminar: Programmable and Smart Thermostats. Friday, April 29, noon-1 p.m.
- Plogging Challenge. Sign up for the Montgomery Plogs challenge and clean up your neighborhood. This is an on-going effort.