Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be held throughout April. The workshops are sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of workshops in April:
- Monday, April 18: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205874
- Monday, April 25: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205918
- Tuesday, April 12: 1-2 p.m. Google Drive Basics. Learn how to use the cloud-based storage system Google Drive. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6342803.
- Tuesday, April 19: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6377009.
- Tuesday/Thursday, April 19 and 21: 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45-and-Over Job Seekers (Sessions I and II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5958971.
- Wednesday, April 20: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5842237.