Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs are available throughout November. Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) is sponsoring the programs.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
- Throughout November—Every Monday, 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for each one:
- Monday, Nov. 8: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727065
- Monday, Nov. 15: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727127
- Monday, Nov. 22: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727226
- Monday, Nov. 29: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727277
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2-3 p.m. Job Searching Tips and Resources for Veterans. Learn about key MCPL resources for job-seeking veterans, including an introduction to newly launched Brainfuse-VetNow. VetNow is an online tool that assists veterans with navigating the VA system, transitioning to civilian employment and excelling in academics. The session will also feature the Maryland Department of Labor and its services to assist veterans seeking employment. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5717157
- Monday Nov. 15: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727336
- Tuesday/Thursday, Nov. 16 and 18, 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). This popular two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5136279
- Tuesday, Nov. 16: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if a person is ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC). Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727617
- Wednesday, Nov. 17, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Find out what is needed to apply for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193362
- Wednesday, Nov. 17, 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5727305