Each applicant will receive a pro-rata share of the $789,000 of total funding available. Therefore, the actual grant amounts will be determined by the total number of eligible applicants.
“Small businesses are the foundation of our economy and many count on year-end retail sales to survive,” said County Executive Elrich. “We are committed to assisting them in as many ways as possible. This is a great opportunity to help with their holiday and winter marketing. Visit Montgomery has a strong track record helping our restaurants and others through their effective use of technology and promotion.”
Funding for the Online Sales and Telework Grant Program was appropriated to the Maryland Department of Commerce under the American Recovery Act and will be distributed through a partnership between Montgomery County and Visit Montgomery, pending approval by the County Council.
The grant funds can be used for costs such as developing or improving their websites and social media presence or assistanting with telework expenses to help support customer activities. Grant recipients will have increased visibility of their products and services through participation in a free centralized online “Discover MoCo” directory site.
To maximize access to Montgomery County’s diverse business and customer base, the Discover MoCo directory will be free for businesses and customers to use, mobile friendly, and multilingual.
The grant application process requires two steps:
- Submit directory information to Discover MoCo platform: Business owners or their representatives must submit their directory listing information through an online form located at https://visitmontgomery.com/discover-moco/submit/.
- Submit Grant Application to Montgomery County. After registering on the Discover MoCo site, businesses should visit https://montgomerycountymd.gov/Biz-Resources/covid19/index.html and complete their application.
- Have been established prior to March 9, 2020, and currently be in operation.
- Be registered and in good standing with Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (not applicable for sole proprietors).
- Businesses that have not received a COVID-19 Business Relief grant or loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce or a grant from the Maryland Department of Labor for the purchase of equipment to assist in the expansion of opportunities for telework.
- Businesses that have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.
For questions regarding the grant or application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Discover MoCo directory, email email@example.com.