The “Open Parkways Program” of Montgomery Parks, which opens portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Beach Drive and Little Falls Parkway to pedestrians and cyclists for recreation, will shift to a winter schedule starting Sunday, Nov. 7.
The new schedule starting on Nov. 7 will include:
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from Fridays at 9 a.m. through Sundays at 4 p.m.
- Sligo Creek Parkway: Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles) and Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles)
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 7 a.m. Saturdays through 4 p.m. on Sundays:
- Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile)
Montgomery Parks launched the Open Parkways Program in March 2020 to provide more outdoor space for recreation and exercise in response to COVID-19. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the initiative, the program remains in effect.