Events and special programs for residents of all interests and ages will be available throughout November from Montgomery Parks. The events will include evening campfires for families, which include outdoor movies, and adult-only campfires.
The schedule of Montgomery Parks events for November includes:
- Evening Embers Campfire Nights – Multiple Days/Locations. Embrace the cold-weather season and cozy up in a comfy Adirondack chair around the warm embers of a campfire. Each campfire ring rental seats up to six people. Advanced registration is required. The charge is $35 per campfire ring rental.
- Family Nights. Includes an outdoor movie. Saturday, Nov. 13. Aberdeen Local Park. 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Winter Craft and Sip. Tuesday, Nov. 16. Enjoy a cozy evening indoors at the Meadowbrook Local Park Activity Building creating a festive personalized ribbon wreath. Reservations include all craft materials and instructions, assorted desserts and a glass of wine for each participant. All participants must be 21 years or older. $60 per table. Reservations required.
- Garden of Lights at Brookside Gardens. Opens Friday, Nov. 19. For the 23rd year, Brookside Gardens will transform into a magical winter wonderland. Enjoy glimmering displays of more than one million LED lights and stroll through the 50 acres in Wheaton. $10 per person. Advanced tickets are required.
- Gobbler Fun Run and Walk. Saturday, Nov. 20. Make room for your Thanksgiving feast by burning off some pre-holiday calories on the three-mile loop at Wheaton Regional Park. Shepherd’s Table will have a table onsite to collect donations of nonperishable food items for those in need this holiday season. Free. Registration is recommended, but not required.