An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of workshops in April:
- Throughout April – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Meet virtually and confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance. Register:
- Monday, April 4: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205840
- Monday, April 11: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205856
- Monday, April 18: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205874
- Monday, April 25: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6205918
- Monday, April 4: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6376492.
- Wednesday, April 6: 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package experiences, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6376568.
- Tuesday, April 12: 1-2 p.m. Google Drive Basics. Learn how to use the cloud-based storage system Google Drive. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6342803.
- Tuesday, April 19: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6377009.
- Tuesday/Thursday, April 19 and 21: 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45-and-Over Job Seekers (Sessions I and II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5958971.
- Wednesday, April 20: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5842237.
For additional information about the program, contact Adrienne Van Lare at email@example.com.