Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be available in June. All workshops are free and offered virtually. The workshops are sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL).
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer) are required for participation.
The workshop schedule will include:
- Throughout June – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. To register, go to:
- Monday, June 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540234
- Monday, June 20: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540235
- Monday, June 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540236
- Tuesday/Thursday, June 14 and 16: 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45-and-over Job Seekers (Sessions I and II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5959901.
- Wednesday, June 15: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5822376.