Silver Spring Blues Week will return as a mostly in-person, 10-day event from Wednesday, June 8, through Saturday, June 18, concluding with a star-filled lineup for the 13th Silver Spring Blues Festival on June 18. The event is presented by Silver Spring Town Center, Inc.
The festival was not held in person for the past two years due to the COVID-19 health crisis.
The Daryl Davis Band will headline an array of other blues artists at the June 18 festival. The lineup will include Patty Reese, Matt Kelly, Sol Roots, the Archie Edward’s Blues Heritage Ensemble.
For the Blues Festival, attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs. A variety of food and beverages will be available at local eateries.
For virtual events, get Zoom links by sending an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blues Week venues will include:
- Festival Main Stage: Ellsworth Drive between Fenton Street and Georgia Avenue.
- J. Hollinger's Waterman's Chophouse: 8606 Colesville Road.
- El Golfo Restaurant: 8739 Flower Ave.
- McGinty's Public House: 911 Ellsworth Dr.
- The Koiner Farm: 737 Easley St.
- Wednesday, June 8. 2-3:30 p.m. Silver Spring’s own bluesman, Jonny Grave, performs “under the tulip poplar” at the Koiner Farm. The event will include a look back at the history of the Blues Festival with founder and co-producer Alan Bowser.
- Wednesday, June 8. 6-8 p.m. Cookin' with Gas performs on the patio of El Golfo.
- Thursday, June 9. 6:30-9 p.m. Blues Cruise Comedy Show on the patio at El Golfo. Hosted by Walter Gottlieb.
- Friday, June 10. 8-9 p.m. Blues Through Poetry with poet Brenda Bunting. presented virtually on Zoom.
- Saturday, June 11. Noon-2 p.m. Don't Forget the Blues Preview. Host Ida Campbell and special guests. presented virtually on Zoom.
- Sunday, June 12. 5-7 p.m. Blues Week Kick-Off with the Honey Larks at J Hollinger’s Waterman's Chophouse.
- Monday, June 13. 8-9 p.m. The Barbershop Series: In the Studio with Artist Schroeder Cherry. Presented virtually on Zoom.
- Tuesday, June 14. 6-8 p.m. A Very Soulful Evening of Blues with Ursula Ricks at J. Hollinger's Waterman's Chophouse.
- Wednesday, June 15. 9-10:30 p.m. Spring Fling Comedy Show. Hosted by Chipp Jones. Presented virtually on Zoom.
- Thursday, June 16. 6-8 p.m. Stacy Brooks Under the Stars on the Patio at El Golfo.
- Friday, June 17. 6-8 p.m. The Red Castle Blues Band at McGinty's Public House.
- Saturday, June 18. 10 a.m.-10 p.m. The 13th Annual Silver Spring Blues Festival at the main stage on Ellsworth Drive.