Fall will be filled with special events from Montgomery Parks. The wide range of events will include festive fare at Pumpkins & Pours, riding on the Halloween Eye Spy Trains and experiencing Fall on the Farm. As Halloween nears, costumes can be displayed at spooktacular activities at the Halloween 5K Haunted Hustle or Nightmare on Elm Street.
The fall special events calendar for Montgomery Parks includes:
- Halloween Eye Spy Trains. Weekends in October at Cabin John and Wheaton regional parks. Come dressed in costume or just as you are and take a ride on miniature trains at Cabin John Regional Park and Wheaton Regional Park. Each rider can activate an online Halloween-themed “Eye Spy Train Card” by scanning a QR code at the station. Advanced tickets are encouraged and can be purchased online at Active Montgomery.
- Fall on the Farm. Saturday, Oct. 16. Agricultural History Farm Park, Derwood. Free. Learn how a farm family would historically have gotten ready for the long, cold winter ahead, including making candles and soap, patching up buildings in preparation for the cold and preserving food to ensure proper eating through the spring. Advanced registration available, but not required. Event includes additional pay-as-you-go activities and food offerings.
- Pumpkins & Pours. Saturday, Oct. 16 | Western Grove Urban Park, Chevy Chase. Montgomery Parks and Chevy Chase Village present a day of family fun. Enjoy lawn games and pick up a free pumpkin to decorate. Craft beer from local brewery 7 Locks Brewing and food from Flame and Cones Food Truck will be available for purchase. Free admission, no registration required.
- Halloween 5K Haunted Hustle. Saturday, Oct.23. Black Hill Regional Park, Boyds. Get spooky and sporty at the Haunted Hustle. Walk or jog the 2.7-mile trail loop and collect fun Halloween giveaways along the way. Fall-flavored treats such as candy apples and warm apple cider donuts will be available for purchase. Advanced registration available, but not required.
- Nightmare on Elm Street. Saturday, Oct. 30. Elm Street Urban Park, Bethesda. Free. Dress in costume and have some spooky fun at Elm Street Urban Park. There will be a costume parade, scavenger hunt and lawn games. Halloween music, decorations and photo ops will provide the holiday spirit. Food from O’Boy Pizza and Ice Cream will be available to purchase. No registration required.