Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be offered throughout September in programs sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL).
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The programs offered in September will include:
- Throughout September: Every Monday 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions: Meet virtually and confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register at:
- Monday, Sept. 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5512908
- Monday, Sept. 20: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5513001
- Monday, Sept. 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5512995
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193327.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Sept. 21 and 23: 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5125917.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5514085.
- Monday, Sept. 27: 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for Your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5514409