Free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be available throughout October through a program offered by Montgomery County Public Libraries. All workshops will be offered virtually.
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of workshops and programs:
- Throughout October – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Meet virtually and confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. To register:
- Monday, Oct. 4: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5606554
- Monday, Oct.11: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5606565
- Monday, Oct. 18: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5606593
- Monday, Oct. 25: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5606599
- Monday, Oct. 18. 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5614643.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19. 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help you determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Produced in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5616426.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Oct. 19 and 21. 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5136250.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20. 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Find out everything you need to know about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193344.
- Thursday, Oct. 21. 4-5 p.m. Job Searching in the Digital Age. Learn how to use social media and tools such as LinkedIn in your job search. Learn about new opportunities for freelance work and how you can supplement your income in innovative ways. Program is in partnership with Senior Planet, https://seniorplanet.org/. Join the program via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81979360844 or dial in at 301-715-8592. Meeting ID: 819 7936 0844.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27. 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5614664,